Tuesday, October 8, 2013

things I miss

I miss feeling a chill in the air. I miss people whose job it is to patch potholes. I miss the smell of Great American Ballpark... I miss sports venues in general. I miss being able to watch a football game at 1:00 pm as opposed to 3:00 am. I miss people that know how to drive - people that don't turn right from the far left lane. I miss Target, Starbucks and Chipotle. I miss knowing where to go to buy a cheap handbag. I miss previews at the movies. I miss being able to skip pedicures and being able to wear boots. I miss getting dressed up to go out - it's not even normal to get dressed up for a job interview here. I miss businesses that have up to date websites. I miss being able to drink water from the tap without it having to be filtered 18 different ways. I miss people that know my heart.

UPDATE 10/15/13: Guess what happened today?! They patched the potholes on our street! What's next? A Starbucks?! I'm looking at you, Guam!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo found ya!

    Yup, you pretty much read my thoughts here. No Starbucks, but we are getting an Applebees!

    That was totally sarcastic. I couldn't think of a more craptastic restaurant to come to Guam.

    ReplyDelete