Monday, September 9, 2013

pea crabs

A few weeks ago, J and I made a run to the grocery store. We purchased a variety of meats, poultry, fish and shellfish. One night, J decided to make mussels for dinner. He steamed the mussels and made a delicious spicy sauce to go with it. About halfway through our romantic dinner, I noticed that one of the sides of the mussel that I was about to consume was split open and something didn't look right. I start to get a little panicky and asked J to come look it at. He knows that I tend to freak out over nothing so, without looking it at, he said it's fine and to just eat the mussel. That did not put me at ease so I began probing at this little alien looking thing that was hanging out in my dinner.

Turns out it was a pea crab all curled up like this:


Yea, I know. I was freaking out because I had already eaten 7 or 8 mussels at that point. Guh. I thought for sure it was just a fluke and decided to continue eating. That was until I found another pea crab all spread out and comfy like so:

And I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment