Tuesday, October 29, 2013

bad news and then great news

This afternoon I was determined to tackle our yard again. With so much rain, the grass already needs to be cut again. Not to mention that strip of grass under the spider web that I didn't touch on the last round. Before I could mow, I needed to clear the grass of coconuts and palm fronds. I also decided to sweep the carport and hose it down which led me to hosing down the front of the house. Why did I need to hose down the front of the house you ask? Snail poop. These damn snails are CLEARLY well fed. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be married, living in Guam, picking up coconuts from my yard, and cleaning up snail poop, I would have told you that you were nuts! Actually, I probably would have said, "What?! Snails don't poop!" 

ANYWAY, after all of that excitement I decided to tackle a tree on the side of our yard that has fallen forward and started to grow straight out into the yard. YAY!  It needed to be cut back quite a bit so that I can mow under it. I started hacking at it with the hedge trimmers and I encountered THREE banana spiders. I took branches that I had already cut and swatted them and their webs down. (I still feel like they're crawling on me.) However, I would not be deterred! I continued on and apparently got a little too violent in a tangle of branches because I got stung by something. In the face. So, yea, then I was done. 

A shower and a couple glasses of wine later (my face is fine by the way), I decided to tackle something else on my to-do-list. I'm still trying to get my dog to Guam. Once I had all of her paperwork done and received clearance from Guam's Department of Agriculture, all that I had to do was make her flight reservation. It was at that time that I found out that she can't fly out of my hometown's airport - she would have to be driven five hours one way to an airport that can put her on an international flight. So frustrating. I've been toying with how I could get her to said airport. 

So, as I was perusing this pet transport website tonight, I noticed that my hometown airport is listed as a drop off location for pets traveling in cargo. How is this possible? So I called. My hometown airport is a drop off point for pets but only for pets flying within the U.S. And then the light bulb went off. My husband is going to be at a major airport hub in the States in a couple weeks for training. I can fly my dog to him and then he can put her on an international flight to Guam!!! Now, I ask you, why in the heck didn't this pet transport company not think to suggest this to me before? (This was my third call to them.) I really hope this works. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope one of these days you will include some pictures of your yard related shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete