Thursday, July 4, 2013

Orchids, no hitters, and tv

Yesterday J and I were putting together a sofa table and a coffee table. Once we got the sofa table finished we put it in front of one of our blank walls. I said that we could put pictures of our family on the table.. even though I didn't pack any. (Sorry. We're only here for a couple years, I wanted to pack light) And then J said we could put some orchids on the table which was nice except I heard "our kids" so that made for some awkward conversation. We laughed about it though. Seems that we're always laughing at something... usually at each other. :)

We went to one of the malls yesterday at lunch. J heard that there was a really good sushi place in the mall. While we were eating, there was a tv on behind me and J said, "Hey, isn't that the Reds?" So, we got to watch Homer Bailey's no hitter which was pretty cool.

So a lot of people have asked me about what tv stations are shown on Guam. It's basically all of the channels that we have in the States. The only thing kind of weird is that the morning news shows like Today & Good Morning America are a day behind but they will still come on at 7am. I honestly haven't been watching a whole lot of tv to even see if the schedules are the same but I'm sure I will find out eventually. We also have an Australian news channel that we watched for a bit yesterday and it reminded me of my brother doing his Australian accent at Thanksgiving dinner. "I think I'll stick with this."

No comments:

Post a Comment