Tuesday, August 6, 2013

snea snakes aka sea snakes

I am incapable of saying sea snakes. I can only say snea snakes.

J & I took our dog to the beach last weekend. She loves the beach and the water. She swims around like a little beaver. Because she likes to swim, she is usually the reason that I get in the water. I walk far enough out with her so that she can swim. Well, the water was particularly clear on this day so I felt somewhat comfortable walking into waste deep water. So J & I are standing there watching the dog swim around, I look down and see a brown and white pattern skirting along the bottom near our feet. I turn away and say, "Oh jeez, I think that's a snake!" J looks down and says, "It's fine, honey. It's just a palm frond." For those of you playing along at home, a palm frond is just a fancier way of saying a palm tree branch. J then takes my hand and walks me and our dog toward shore. I think nothing else of it.

Later on that night, while we were having dinner, J tells me that what I saw was totally a sea snake. He just didn't want me to freak out. Smart man. Very, very smart man.

No comments:

Post a Comment